Sunday, March 16, 2008

Count your blessings...................

This week I am going to focus on counting my blessings, rather than dwelling on the one thing I don't have, Anaya(she is not a thing, I know!) I have 4 beautiful, healthy boys, and a very loving and wonderful husband, family, friends(old and new), great house, and the list could go on and on. I thought I was just going to cry this week, since it will be my first Easter with a daughter, and I still can't get her that Easter dress!! But instead I will focus on the real reason for the holiday, and give thanks that I serve a living God!!
One of the bad things about being a pastor/pastors wife, is that most of the time when Ryan has to preach, the thing he is preaching on seems to be something that we are struggling with. Take the last 2 weeks for example, Ryan had to preach on God being our refuge in times of distress (enter major distress when we weren't issued our b.c.) and then this week, on the righteousness of God (did you see my post a few days back?) I was not convinced that God was right!! He has a few weeks off from preaching now so hopefully we can go for a while without any spiritual struggles!!
We will be getting another picture and update of Anaya again this week, so that is always something we look forward to! Our friends are leaving on Tues. to be with their daughter and celebrate her 6th b-day with her before they bring her home late the following week! We met them when we were visiting Anaya, and are so excited they are done!! We always said that we wanted them to get her ASAP because she knows what is going on, and misses them. One more thing to be thankful for!

2 comments:

Susie said...

Praise God for his grace, it always amazes me. Blessings, Susie

MarcieBush said...

Hey Stac, How beautiful your baby girl is! I can't wait to hear the news that God's righteousness has come through for the Vanderzwaags! A living Savior is the only kind to serve!!!