Sunday, March 9, 2008

God is still on the throne..............

Although I feel like He made a huge mistake, I have had the weekend to contemplate our situation, and I have come to the conclusion that God is still on the throne. I am glad that he is not up there popping Rolaids and thinking "wow, I didn't see that one coming, now what?"( Like I was here on earth.) No, he knew full well that we would endure, yet another set back in this adoption. Now the usual question is Why? But, I don't know why, probably never will, but I do know that God said in Isaiah 43:2"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze."(NIV) So that tells me that sometimes "things" are going to happen, but I will be okay!! And that is where I am right now. I am okay. Things could be worse, and I am going to try to make the best of this situation. I have a few ideas on how I could make lemonade out of the lemons "life" just handed me, so please be in prayer for us as we seek some direction from God as to what to do next!!
I have found a huge blessing in the midst of this, and that is our new church family, (not that the old church family was/is not a blessing, because you are!!) But, several people, like 8 or so families up here, are either adopting or have adopted recently, and they understand exactly what we are going through. Someone last night commented that the devil is working overtime on delaying these adoptions, for whatever reason. So that just made resolve swell up within me, and everyone there, to just keep all of the precious children in our prayers. God is bigger and He will do mighty things, just we wait and see!!
Tomorrow, If I can figure it out, I will post some pictures of our new home, as many of you have not seen it yet! I am not all that talented at this blogging thing yet, so bear with me as I learn! We are not allowed to post pictures of Anaya on the web, so that is why I don't have her on here, but I will try to post some of the boys, as it has been a while since we have seen many of you!!

0 comments: