Monday, April 14, 2008

14 days!!.......................................



In case you can't see the sign Spencer made, it says 14. He went through and made a number card to count down the days before we leave! I can't believe in 2 weeks we will be IN Guatemala!!


I have been busy packing, and figuring out the details of our trip! This week, the other family who had 2 previo's in civil registry like us, is due out, so it will be interesting to see when, and what they find out! I will keep you posted, we are due out next week, so we are hoping and praying that they release the files when they are due!!


Our friends from Colorado, who we met in Guatemala on our visit trip, are in Guatemala today picking up their daughter! Babies are coming home, and we are so happy for that!! Soon, Anaya will be home too, and we can begin a "normal" life once again!! Funny story about the friend from Colorado, when we got our referral of Anaya, we received her picture, and their baby's DVD. They got their baby's picture and Anaya's DVD. Well, both of us were so excited, then so confused, as we watched our DVDs and knew that there were 2 different babies, but which one was ours??? We both called our caseworker, and she told us that it was the picture that was our baby, and the DVD was someone else's baby!! Then we got to Guatemala, and started talking to this couple on our way to the orphanage, and lo and behold, we had each seen the others baby DVD first!! So, I hold a special place in my heart for their baby, because she could have been mine! We had a great time getting to know each other over the past 11 months! And Anaya, and Emily have been seen in several pictures together, so we believe they are good friends!
I will have to post one of them as soon as we get that birth certificate!!

2 comments:

Susie said...

I check on you daily Stacy! I think I seen on the AGCI list serve that Dara got her BC this week!!!! She was previewed around the same time as your second one. Oh how I know that next week is your week! Much celebration will occur for you in Guat. Believing you through to Pink asap! Susie

Anonymous said...

I have been checking in regularly to see what is happening. Paul and I are praying with you that your BC will come out next week as scheduled.

Patty Barnes