Tuesday, April 29, 2008

We are here!

Hello Everyone!!
WE MADE IT! It took us a while to get the internet and everything up and running...but, I think my sister got it up and running now!!! :) I'm so glad she's here and typing all of this for me, cuz else I'd have to put Anaya down and you wouldn't get this until I return home! (last part added by Jen!)

Our flights went very well, the kids did great. They kept staring out the windows to see the "bottom." Jayden asked aunt Jen if he was in a dream becuase we were "riding the clouds." Dylan has said the whole day yesterday felt like a dream.

Jen speaking here: when we showed up to the orphanage, I can just tell you how amazing it was to see this sweet mama so eager to see her little girl. I video taped the whole thing and was crying along with everyone else. It was so amazing, everyone should have this opportunity.

Stacy back: It was AMAZING to finally have her back in my arms again. She has been very good. We are having tons of fun. We found out she has 6 teeth and she is SOO TINY! :) Most of the clothes I brought for her are going to be too big. She sucks her little thumb and puts her other hand on top to touch her lip with her fingers. It's so cute.

We went from the orphanage to Antiqua to our apartment. It looks just like the picture, it's very nice. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, one half bath, and is very "secure" with gates and grates over all windows as well as doors. We feel very safe in this area, the apartment complex has a huge large wall that has to be opened by the gatekeeper. In front of our house we have a gate. We also have 2 swimming pools right in front of our house.

When we got here the internet wasn't working on my computer. jen had to try to figure out the home computer they have here, but it was all in spanish!!! Talk about knowing if you really know how to work the computer!! hahahah But she got it figured out. We now have a webcam for those of you who want to see us.

As of yet, no word on B.C. I did not go to Mixco because they don't feel it will do any good and we don't want it to hurt our case at this point either. We are hanging out to see what happens...for now.

I will email pics later!
Gotta go for now. Time to make lunch!
Keep praying, we'll keep you posted.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for your safe arrival and holding your precious Anaya! You look like one proud mom in your picture! We are STILL praying for that "bc" and we will not stop!
Have a wonderful "vacation" and we will continue to check in and pray!
Love, The Ancil Family
Hi to the "boys" from our "girls"!

Anonymous said...

So excited to hear you made it okay. Can't wait to see pics! I'm assuming you can't post any yet because it's not official. Just wondering...does she still have that huge personality I witnessed back in February?

Laura (Corinth Team)

Stephanie said...

So happy you made it! Can't wait to see pics and hear about all of your many adventures. Glad your wait to hold Anaya is finally over!!!

Lee said...

WOOHooo! We are so thrilled!!! We'll have to get a webcam
cause we are gonna have to Skype!!!!

geurinks said...

So Glad everything went so good, no surprise you have great boys! Praying for that B.C. and that bonding with Anaya goes wonderful. Enjoy, Kathy

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys, I'm crying too!!! Praying, praying, PRAYING! :) ((big hugs)) Jenny

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you!! The pictures you sent here were so precious! You couldn't wipe that smile off your face if you had too! How precious little Anaya looks! he boys seem very excited too! Have a great time and we'll continue praying the BC to come quickly.

Gabrions

Journey Girl said...

I'm crying as I read your post--knowing how much you've longed for this day & to have it finally happen!! You couldn't look happier. Give my "almost daughter" a hug & tell her Emily says "Hi"!!! Sending positive energy & prayers your way that you hear good news this week!!!