Sunday, April 27, 2008

Dylan singing, & our last post from the USA (for a while)

I accidentally messed with my camera, and didn't catch the first part of his song, but, here is Dylan singing Strong Tower, by Kutless, with part of the local christian school choir this morning!! He did an amazing job! He loves to sing, and he loves the group Kutless, so when our music director asked him to sing, he said "sure!" He has sung a few times at our other church, but, this was his first time at the new one!! Ryan nor I can sing (actually Ryan does have a good voice, but wouldn't feel comfortable singing!), but we wish we could! So, it is fun to watch him do it so eagerly at his young age!! He wants to be a worship pastor someday, so hopefully we will see a lot more of him singing on stage!

We are in Chicago at my sisters house, and I am almost ready to put the 3 boys to bed, as we have to get up very early to catch our flight to GUATEMALA!!! We are SO EXCITED!! It was hard to say good-bye to everyone, as we don't know what the future will hold, but then again, do we ever really know what's going on?!? We already miss Ryan, we will see him and Easton on Friday, but after that who knows. So please continue to pray that the b.c. is released soon, and we can get back home and be a family, all under one roof! Also, please pray for Anaya, as she will be leaving the orphanage, and all that is familiar. She will have lots of changes in the days and weeks ahead, and we want to make that transition as easy as possible for her! Also, for our safety, and the plane ride, the boys have never flown before, so this is a big adventure!!

We should land in Guatemala at 11:30 am (their time), Able, our driver will pick us up, bring us to the Guatemalan version of Wal-Mart for a QUICK grocery stop, then on to Hannah's Hope to pick up Anaya!! I can't wait to get my hands on her, and I am so excited for the boys to finally meet their little sister, who we have prayed for, and waited for, for so long!! I hope she is ready for all the attention she will be getting!!

I will post tomorrow night, if I am able, I have to figure out the internet connection down there, but, I will have my computer techie sister with me, so I am confident Jen will be able to figure it all out!!

Thanks for praying!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacy - I am so excited for you guys!!! I'm sitting here reading your post and crying. As you may remember, Madelyn just turned one this past monday and I can't wait for you to hold your one year old. I am praying for you guys every chance I get and hope that you will bring Anaya home within the month. Have a great time and safe travels! Love you all and miss you all more than you know!

Jennifer Gabrion

Lee said...

Okay....I'm all weepy too. Hold that baby girl Stac.....tell her she has a sweet Best Friend waiting for her here to talk hairbows and crazy moms with. We can hardly wait.
Love you.

bushfamily said...

Stacy, We are so excited for you! My heart is overjoyed by the blessings God gives. How perfect a song Dylan sang! God is our strong tower. It is so much our prayer that your B.c will come very soon! We can't wait to see your girl!

Stephanie said...

So happy for you! Can't wait to see pics of you together with Anaya. Have fun discovering Antigua. Praying that you had safe travels and are already holding her now...

geurinks said...

Stac, I get the chills just thinking about you holding Anaya and your boys getting to meet her, I am praying that all went well today and you are settling in your apartment. Have a great night, love the Geurinks