Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The good, bad and the ugly.....

The good...

this house has potential and lots of character...
Love all of the big trees...
There are 2 barns and 5 acres{the boys have big plans}...
nice open layout...
large wrap around front porch overlooking an orchard...

love, LOVE, LOVE the large windows!
living room{above}dining room {below}...
The bad...this is our bedroom{it's a little small, which is fine, but there is not a master bath, boo!}
the kitchen, it is NASTY, grimy, smelly, yucky, you get the idea...
stairwell wall and ceiling falling apart...
Oh my, the bathroom, if only you could smell the stench, that is all I will say about that...
bad walls...
bad ceilings...

This should be under the good, I am so excited to have a garage again!

The ugly...well, it's just rough...
The green room is Easton and Spencer's, the blue is Dylan and Jayden's bedroom...


this room will be the kids bathroom/laundry room...
nice ceiling huh?...
the other blue room on the right is the girls bedroom...
dining room...



 Yuckie!!  How/why people lived like this, I will NEVER know!



 love these old doors, though they need a little work!



So, there you have it!  The good, the bad and the ugly!  We,  err I should say, Ryan and and the boys have been busy this week, later in the week I will post pictures of the progress thus far...It is amazing!

1 comments:

Julie and Alexander said...

I see what you mean about lots of potential but LOTS of work!

I have has to sand and refinish doors...it was about 5 years ago...but I could help with that... ;-)

Alexander is willing to give you his drool to aide in the clean up process. He's very good at spit shine jobs! :-) First he drools...then he crawls through it and uses his clothes, knees, and feet to shine stuff up. He's very good at it. :-)

Once you guys get done, it is going to be BEAUTIFUL!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures!