Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Glory Glory Hallelujah!!!














Psalm 66

1 Shout with joy to God all the earth!

2 Sing the glory of his name;

make his praise glorious!

3 Say to God how awesome are your

deeds!....

...5 Come and see what God has done,

how awesome his works in mans

behalf!...

...16 come and listen, all you who fear God;

let me tell you what he has done for

me....

...19 ...God has surely listened

and heard my voice in prayer.

20 Praise be to God,

who has not rejected my prayer

or witheald his love from me.




After 169 days (5 months, 2 weeks, and 3 days) we finally have our daughters Mixco birth certificate!!


That was the longest "week" of our lives!! But, it is over, and now we can move on to the next step, which is getting her passport. That should only take a couple of days ~ who would of thought, it takes 5 months to get a b.c. and it only takes 2 days to get a passport in Guatemala?!? Then we are submitted to the US Embassy for our 2nd DNA authorization, which they call ORANGE!! Once orange, she has a 2nd DNA test, and when the results are back to the Embassy, they issue us our long awaited PINK slip!! The pink slip has our date on it for our visa appointment, and then we can bring her HOME!! We are still talking about a few weeks, but at least we are on the road to coming home!!!
Thank you all for your prayers, please continue to pray for the rest of our journey!!


7 comments:

Susie said...

We love you Lord!!!! I can feel your joy all the way here in Michigan! AMEN Stacey! Susie

Anonymous said...

Praise the LORD. I am jumping up and down with joy for you right now!!! Oh happy day:) I will still be sending up the prayers. Can't wait you see you ALL!

Lee said...

I AM FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!! PRAISE YOU JESUS!!! PRAISE YOU!!! Mike and I are beside ourselves!!!! Come HOME VANDERZWAAG's this thing is almost over!!!! Praise the LORD!!!

Still praying you HOME!!!!

Brian and Jenifer said...

What an amazing birthday present!!!! Brian and I are SO thrilled for you guys. It sounds like you are having an absolutely wonderful time together. I am sure you will look back on these days in Antigua as some of the most special times you've ever spent together. Congratulations!!! We can not wait to welcome you all home! We are now praying for the fastest pink on record!

Blessings,
Jenifer

P.S. I am so missing our frequent chats. I'm looking forward to hearing all about Anaya!

Stephanie said...

Stacy,

That is so exciting!!! When you told me you were out of PGN in NOVEMBER, I would have never thought in a million years that you would still be waiting on the birth certificate the following May. So glad that you can put this behind you and get your family home. Enjoy your last little bit of time Antigua. Savor each moment. Praying for a speedy Orange and Pink.

The McAuleys

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the boys just walked out the door to go to school. If they heard me scream "WOO HOO" they would have come running thinking I was a nut!! I am SOOOOO excited Ryan and Stacy!! Can't wait to finally meet Anaya. Bring her home to Zeeland soon.

Sherry

Anonymous said...

I'm so very happy for you all!!! I thought of her and all of you often on the 5th! What a great birthday I must say! Anyway, praising God for that bc but asking for a quick pink slip so that you may come home soon! I can't wait to see her!! Madelyn would love to play with her when you come to Zeeland! :) Love you all!!!

Gabrion's