Thursday, May 8, 2008

Day 11............................

Well, I thought we were giving her the first cracker she ever had, since I didn't see them on the book that the orphanage gave to us with all of the food, diapers, and bottles she has ever had, but, as you can see, she is an old pro at eating them! Oh well, it is so fun for me to see my firsts, whether or not they are hers!



We also put her piggy toes in the water today, and as you can see, she was not liking it all!





That's okay Anaya, I don't like to swim either!! But she did look cute in her swim suit!


The little girls that live in the condo complex have been practicing this dance routine, and they told me last week, that they were going to have a tienda, and a dance recital on Jueves, and that we were invited to come! So "Hoy es jueves" and sure enough they came a knocking and telling us that they were ready! So we went out and watched them dance, sing songs, and tell a story, all in spanish! We bought cookies, and the one juice box that they had, I didn't dare drink the koolaid, who knows what water they used! It was so cute! There are about 6 girls in the neighborhood, 2 of them are blonde haired, and blue eyed and speak only a little english, and the rest are little cuties too, they are all so sweet! With my limited amount of spanish we were able to communicate enough to have a wonderful time watching them!

After the show, we went to eat at Papazitos! It was very good! We have not had bad food yet!!

Our stroller had a flat today, so Easton walked the whole way on our walk and back with out one complaint! He has been such a little trooper! (All of the kids are doing well,) if only I could get Easton to like being patted on the head and asked "como te llamas?" but instead he puts his head down and frowns! They all want to touch him and give him 5 and he has nothing to do with them! Maybe one of these times he will haul out his "Adios!" that he knows so well! Every one stares at us, and I can hear them counting and saying "cuatro hijos!! " Yes, I have 4 sons!! And they all seem to know Steph is my sister! (Thank goodness!) We hear "muy lindos"(which means they are pretty?) all the time, today someone told me they loved their eyes! I LOVE their big dark eyes, and yet I can see that seeing blue eyes,(or even light brown eyes, like Jayden & Spencer) and light hair would be something unusual! This has been such an awesome experience for the boys, (and me and my sisters) I never dreamed we would be doing this, and I am so thankful for this time we are spending in Anaya's birth country! We will never forget it!

1 comments:

Lee said...

:) Aren't you counted everywhere you go? Those swim suit pics are priceless. I'm sure she is going to like the BEACH so much better than the pool. ;)
We signed off with our final session last night. Beth was fired up and we spent the last few minutes praying together. We remembered you much.
Praying for that passport.