Friday, May 9, 2008

Day 12...................

Me and my gang!!

We brought Aunt Steph to the market today! The boys spotted these birds, and of course, they just had to have them! The lady at the market went down on the price so fast when she found out how much they actually had, she said OK! They are so fun to have here, I don't know what I would do with out them!! This whole adoption process has made me so much more thankful for these sweet little guys God has given me! We went out to McDonald's again! I hate McDonald's, but when safe meat is a hard thing to find, McDonalds works just fine, besides, it is such a beautiful place to eat, it still amazes me!
On the way back home we spotted a little store, and I quick ran in to see if I could find real orange juice, and I found some that did not have sugar added!! I have been craving real orange juice, every time I go to the store, all I find is orange juice with lots of sugar added! It is NASTY! This is my new stop for juice, I also found pineapple, and grape juice, I am so excited! I was also very excited yesterday when I found a clothes line! We still have laundry all over the place, but at least we have a line to hang the majority of it on! When we got here, we had about a 3 foot section! That was not working out so well with all of our laundry! These are the things that excite me in a 3rd world country! Go figure!
Actually what excites me is watching Anaya get happier and happier each day that we are together! She has always done real well with us, but it seems like each day she actually is smiling and squealing more! She responds well with her big brothers too, and it is so fun to see that relationship develop! I have the best video of Anaya and Easton playing together, however blogger was having issues tonight, so maybe tomorrow!!

What makes me sad, is when I tuck them in bed, and there are tears because they miss their daddy and their dog! Please pray us home quickly! On Monday my sister Steph leaves and then my parents come, and after they leave on the 19th, we are on our own, but I know God will be faithful, and will comfort, and provide for us! I am going to hire someone to get groceries, and we will be fine!! We go on Monday to get Anaya her passport. I am not fond of Guatemalan time, I prefer to do things quickly, but not here, no, we are at their mercy and it is very frustrating! So please continue to pray for the next steps to go fast, and smooth! Thank you so much for your prayers and support! We love and miss you all!

3 comments:

Lee said...

You are a fabulous mother. I'm thinking of you today, friend. I'm so proud of you and your attitude. ((HUG))

Susie said...

Oh Stacy, I hear you about Guat Time. I was shocked that it took a week to get our passport! But one thing I do know, God will not be late in getting you home. He has a plan and purpose for you in Antigua, I pray you enjoy this remaining part of your journey. Many blessings, Susie

karenn said...

We have missed you at Bible Study. Thursday night was the last one. An amazing study and a great group of girls. We had a little party for Lee for her BD. I'm rejoicing with you in the obtaining of Anaya's bc. God is SO good. Continuing to pray for your safety, everyone's adjustment and that you will soon be home. God bless.