Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Day 16................................

Here are 2 of my sweeties in the tubby! There is not a tub, only one shower(remember, we broke the other one on the 1st day!) So this is where the littlest ones get cleaned up!


This is the Mono Loco, a cool restaurant that we ate dinner at tonight! (mono loco means crazy monkey!) It was very good! Yet another awesome place to eat! We stick to the places in my guide books, or the other touristy places, so as not to get sick, so far so good!!


Well, Mauricio picked me and Anaya up today at 10AM and took us to the orphanage so we could get Anaya's passport done. We went with 5 special mothers and babies from Hannah's Hope, and this is a picture of Luisa one of Anaya's special mothers!! We got in the van and she said, "Jackelin!!" she was so excited to see her again! It was fun to have her there, and agree with me that she is busy, loves looking at lights,and likes her bottles quite warm! At one point Anaya was getting tired, and Luisa(in spanish)asked if I had a bottle, I said "Si, para es frio, ella no gusta!" (yes, but it is cold, she doesn't like it) But I hauled it out, and gave her some, and sure enough, she spit it back out!! Luisa said "si!" and went on about her spitting things out at her before too!! It was a long wait, but I had a nice time with the special mothers, and could tell they really do love these kids! Two of the babies had dirty diapers, and they only brought one diaper between them, so I hauled out one of Anaya's and the wipes, they were happy I was there!! I of course, had Anaya's hair all up in a bow, and the passport guy wanted me to take it out, so I did, but then, it stood straight up! So he gave me a black clip to put in it, and needless to say, she looks hideous in her passport photo! But, we got it done, sort of, while we were waiting(it only takes 30 min.) the computers went down, and we left without them, but the lawyer said he would go in tomorrow morning and get them! So we will see! I am still praying that they will submit us by the end of the week, but that remains to be seen!
After the appointment, we got back to Hannah's Hope, and Mauricio took me to the Hyper Paiz, and I stocked up on groceries. It is a very nice store, kind of like Walmart!! Then I finally made it back to Antigua at 4:30PM! I don't even want to see our bill for this day! But, what do you do?
We hope to go to the market tomorrow, and show Mom and Dad some of the sights!! It is so fun to have people here!! Love to all.....Hasta luego!

3 comments:

Lee said...

Oh man. I remember a moment IDENTICAL to the bottle incident with Gabi's foster family. I'm glad you are through this day. :) Passport tomorrow please.

It is raining here today....enjoy some sunshine for us. :)

Susie said...

God will provide for the bill. Soak up everything He has in store for you and enjoy the journey He has placed you on. There is more to this journey that you have yet to know. Many blessings, Susie

bushfamily said...

We are praying for your submission! Ryan too, hope he's feeling better!