Thursday, May 22, 2008

2nd DNA completed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, today started out as the most stressful, frustrating day, I think I have ever had! It started out last night actually, I had a terrible dream that turned out to be oh so real! In my dream we waited all day and finally got a call that said our DNA was scheduled next Wed! I was crying and so upset!
Well, I woke up, and got ready right away, so that when we got the call to let us know of our appointment time, I would be ready! Well, at about 9:15 our landlady stopped by to see what time we were leaving (she schedules the driver) when we said we still hadn't heard anything, she said that they only take DNA until 11 or noon! So, we emailed our agency in Portland, and called the orphanage. We were told that we were NOT having DNA today, but that it was scheduled for next Tues!!! What? Portland told us today, and that they would let us know what time? Needless to say, we were not satisfied with that time frame, and when Ryan said "that is unacceptable" the lady said(after a LONG pause) "can you be here in an hour?" "She is on her way", he said! so we quickly called Nancy (life saving land lady) and she said "I will have someone there within 10 minutes!" I was so shook up, I was crying and shaking, I had no idea IF it would actually happen or not. Nancy came driving up to pick me up, she was still on her walk when I called, and took a tuk tuk back to her house, and decided to take me herself! We made great time to the city, and got to the orphanage, and Abel led us to the lab. We were in and out in under 1/2 hour! It is done!! Yea!! What a HUGE relief.
But, unfortunately, there is a down side to this day. Our agency sees us as the "bad guy's" we got a not very nice response via email, and long story ~ short, we found out that some terrible things have happened recently (babies taken out of the orphanage, and their adoptive parents told they could not have them!)
But, we were told NOTHING! All they had to do was let us know what was going on, but instead we hear conflicting reports on our situation, and then nothing, and we were upset. Now they make us sound as though we are selfish for being so forward as to ask that it be done today(like they said it would be.) If you know me, I am NOT someone who likes confrontation, and I hate that they have such a wrong view of us, but we had no idea what was going on, and I am sorry for what IS going on, but I still want to get my baby home! So, as excited as we are, I feel just awful about all that happened, and especially for all of the people involved in the mess of Guatemalan adoptions right now. I feel so extremely blessed to have gotten this far, and to see a light at the end of this tunnel. Please pray for all the families who are being affected by this.
Here are a few pictures of our day:

Anaya's first haircut!! I know, I know, she has very little hair, however there has been this one piece that I saw way back in the DVD's months ago, that has bugged me! So today, I finally cut it off! It looks, and feels so much better! Only her mother/hairdresser would know though!!


Here is the one piece that was WAY longer than the rest, it had to go!!
All of the boys, including Daddy, in the kiddie pool!
Eating out! I will miss all of the wonderful places to eat! This is the way to go, condo, pool, eating out, I love it! And I want to go home.... Why? Just kidding, yes I want to get home to be with all of you! But, I will definatlly miss Antigua!

4 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Stac. It is/was inappropriate to make ANY adoptive parent feel like that. It is also inappropriate for you to be told in this manner about the other cases at the orphanage, as if you are somehow responsible or could do something. (((HUG)))

Just keep checking the boxes, friend and take every opportunity to let Christ shine through you.

We love you guys and are praying you home.

Stephanie said...

Stacy,

So sorry your dream came true but glad you got the DNA test completed...finally! I don't love confrontation either, but sometimes it is thrown in your face and you have to deal with it. Sounds like you did a great job, because you are one step closer to going home. Praying for speedy DNA results and a speedy PINK. So close!

bushfamily said...

How great is God's timing! Nice that Ryan could be there to help you! We will keep praying for all the other parents who are struggling with the government there! Can't wait to hear the news on your pink slip!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you were able to get the DNA test completed. Sorry to hear about the report from your agency, how frustrating. It is so good that God had Ryan there by your side to help you through this.

We pray for a speedy response on the DNA and VISA appointment. We will also pray for the other parents who are dealing with the troubles you described.

Paul & Patty Barnes