Saturday, May 31, 2008

One year ago..............................

One year ago today was the first time I actually held Anaya in my arms! Wow, that was such an awesome day! However, it cannot compare to the awesome feeling of having her in my arms EVERY day! I can not even put into words, all of the things that have gone on over the last year, it was definitely the longest year of my life! Ever since the day we left Guatemala, it was as if a piece of ME was missing, and a tiny bit of HER was sitting on the bridge of my nose. As time passed, and things were moving along as planned, it was still easy to focus, and do my daily tasks, and live life. However, when we got stuck in the Mixco mess, and eventually EVERYONE else (that I knew) was getting their babies home, she began to be this big baby sitting on the bridge of my nose, if I could only take her off, and forget about how big she was getting, and how much I was missing. But I could not just forget, it made everything difficult to do. It affected everything, there were so many changes going on in our life at that time, so many emotions, so many big decisions! The last few months seem a bit like a blur now! I am so thankful to God for his comfot, and leading. I am thankful God led us here to her! I am ready to get home and begin our life as a family all under one roof, and my heart, and head back to "normal"(what ever that is!) Look how tiny she was, not that she is all that big now, but boy, has she grown!
Speaking of growing, look at this little piggy!
Easton and Anaya eating bagels!
Easton being a silly "monster", he was going around scaring his brothers, what a funny kid!
Today was a very long day, the boys went out for a swim, but it was drizzling, so it didn't last very long! It pretty much was dreary all day! We will try to get to town tomorrow, as we are running out of diapers. Yes, we were just at the store yesterday, however you can not buy diapers at that grocery store, diapers are at the pharmacy! (or la bodegona, however, I am trying not to go there with all 5 kids in tow, it is a such a zoo, and we are the animals they are staring at!)=)
Anyway, we are doing well, not much to report, except that the spider did not show it's ugly face again! Ryan says the picture made it look small, however I am not exaggerating, it was the size of my HAND! Not the body, but with the legs. The body was easily the size of a half dollar! The pictures were taken from a distance(of course!) Well, I just thought I would clarify that, because he was mocking me, and wondering why I didn't just kill it! HE would have been shocked by the size of that thing, yes he would have killed it, but I guarantee, he would have not done it with his bare hands like he usually does!!
On a funny note, I was reading one of the adoption forums, and there was a post about sweaty guatemalan kids!! There were a lot of parents out there who too, have a child with a sweaty head!! I found that to be reassuring, as she is amazingly sweaty when she drinks her bottle!
The boys are on the countdown to go home! We are hoping this week will bring us the good news we have been waiting for! Thanks for praying, we can't wait to get home, and see you all!

2 comments:

Susie said...

Stacey, I know exactly how you are feeling. And I promise, speaking with experience, life with Anaya home will be wonderful! And life goes on. You dont remember the pain (much like labor) but you do remember that it was hard, toughest year of my life, but also the most growing. I grew so much in my faith, and I know you would say the same. Praying and believing for good news this week! Susie

Anonymous said...

ok is it just me or are those bagels HUGE!!!!!!!!!?????? They look seriously monstrous in front of those kiddies faces!!! ahahha :) So funny!!!!!

love you!