Thursday, May 15, 2008

Day 18..................................

My little Antigua soccer team!! I did the tourist thing, and bought the boys these jerseys, they looked so cute, however it drew even more attention to us than normal. Everyone kept saying ~ Antigua!! I think they thought I was starting my own team! Yesterday some Argentinian guy told me to get a new hobby~ or a T.V. or something!! That's okay, he was pretty funny himself! He was selling t-shirts to pay for his trip around Central and South America!




The boys love the pigeons at La Merced church!
This is Anaya trying to comfort herself after I did her hair! She hates it, cries every time, I am so gentle, she just doesn't want to sit still that long! So she cries a bit, then realizes I am still going to do it, and then reverts to the thumb sucking, finger taping on lip thing! It is so sweet, now, however I fear this will be a VERY hard habit to break!! I am trying to give her a pacifier instead, but she's not falling for it! I have never had a thumb sucker, I always preferred a "pipe" as we call it, that way we can get rid of it at some point! Can't do that with a thumb!!!
This is a picture of all of us (minus Dylan, the photographer, and Anaya who is hidden) in the tuk tuk! We had another fun filled ride again tonight!
You can't tell from the picture, but the power went out again, and just as I was going to take one without the flash, they came back on! We got the candles all lit, and the picture taken, and they were back on again. The same thing happened when Ryan was here, we got all the candles lit, and they came back on! The kids thought it was fun though, they got to play with the flashlights!
We had another beautiful day, no rain, although the boys swear they saw some on the rooftops of the nearby buildings, as we were eating at Cafe Sky~OUTSIDE!! But we never got wet! I thought we were going to get wet too, however we did not! Weird!

Funny story~ When Steph was here, she picked up something to read it, and said, "I can't read that, it's all in Spanish!" When in reality, it was in fact in English! We laughed so hard!! Then, my Dad comes here, and turns the T.V. on and says, "I can't understand that, it's all in Spanish!" When in reality, it too was in fact, in English!! Come on, too funy!!


Anyway, we still have heard nothing on the passport, or when they plan to submit us to the US Embassy, so as soon as I know anything, I will keep everyone posted on any progress we make!

Thanks for praying for us, the boys are starting to get a bit homesick, we are working on a plan to get Ryan back here for a few days. I know we ALL need to be together again soon! Please pray they will pick up the pace, in the words of our high chair, "Let is go home" Yes, that is what it says?!? We have not yet figured it out, but just to show you, I am putting a picture of it on here! Hasta luego!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacy, Don't worry about getting rid of the thumb; five out of my seven were thumb/finger suckers and they all broke the habit. My theory was that God designed the thumb for a pacifier long before man invented plastic and I didn't see many old photos of adults still using them! LOL

Perhaps the high chair is made in China for sale in the US, but was sold elsewhere as a "second" because of the grammar? Who knows? Why would you want to go home from a high chair anyway?

We're praying for you.

Dorothy M. (Hart)

Lee said...

Still praying, stac!