Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Day 10............


YEAH!!! Meet the newest member of the Vander Zwaag family!! We were certainly celebrating here! Yesterday was an extremely emotional day for us, as Ryan left, and at the time we had no idea when we would get the birth certificate, and didn't know how long it would be before we would see him again! Then Aunt Steph came, and we were very happy to introduce her to Anaya, and that is always an emotional event, we have been praying for this baby for SO LONG, and now to have my family finally meet her is such an awesome blessing! Then we got the best call of the adoption so far, and shed many more thankful tears!! It felt like a ton of bricks had been lifted off my shoulders! I KNEW God would do it, just wasn't sure when!! Ryan's Grandma Vander Zwaag died on May 5 (Anaya's b-day, May 6 was Ryan's moms b-day,) and we think Grandma must have gotten right on the ball, and asked God for this blessing!! Thank you LORD!!



We went out for coffee, and bagels, and cinnamon rolls this morning to celebrate! Then we shopped at the market, and Ruth, the friendly street vendor sold us some stuff!
It is so fun to have a baby again! I LOVE feeding her bottle to her! It is the only time she sits still!! Anyone who Skypes me asks if she ever sits still!! NO, she is antsy, just like her daddy!!
We have taken enough pictures of her, and she knows there is going to be a flash, and does this face EVERY TIME!! My camera is awful, and I have to take literally 10 pictures to get one with her eyes open! I need to invest in a faster picture taking camera!

Well, Steph was treated to her first grocery getting experience, and her first tuk tuk ride!! She thought it was funny as well, this guy went MUCH slower, and had flatish tires, so it wasn't too bumpy! We had a wonderful day!

They say we will get her passport on Monday, although I am hoping they call me earlier, but it would work out great as Steph has to leave on Mon. and my parents are coming in, and it costs about $50 to $75 dollars to go to Guatemala City and back, so to only make one trip would be a blessing! Thanks for praying, love to you all!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Bagel Barn? Yum. I miss the Antigua coffee. Pablo's jewelry is right down the road...and not bad prices. Pablo speaks English too...always a plus. :)

In no time at all you will be on that plane to the U.S.! Praying for a speedy process. Anays is so beautiful and looks so happy with you. Loving the pics!

Anonymous said...

I MISS YOU GUYS SOO MUCH! I HATE NOT BEING THERE TOGETHER! I want to come back so badly...with mom and dad! :) Steph...just stay! :) Love you guys. Hugs and kisses to "The 5!" :)

Susie said...

My Bella does the same thing, closes her eyes when we take pictures. So we take most of them outside! FYI, we have a really good camera, and she still does it. IT's just wonderful to see your happy faces. Lifting Ryan and his family unto the Lord. Blessings, Susie

Lee said...

Could that baby girl be any cuter?! Seriously.
I think it would be WONDERFUL to see that passport pop out this week. I'll pray to that end. Have a wonderful day today. You will remember this stuff forever. ((HUG))